Tamarind seed polysaccharide is obtained from the seed of Tamarindus indica that belongs to the family leguminoseae. It is generally called “Tamarind Seed Polysaccharide (another name is Tamarind Gum)”.
It is a constitution of Glucose, Xylose and Mannose, this unique combination gives it the ability to bind water and impart a thick creamy viscous texture. Such aqueous solution is highly stable against acid, salt & heat and highly synergistic with Sugars.
Our Group subsidiary produces world’s finest range of Xyloglucan derived from Tamarind Polysaccharide. The range TEMCOL has multi-speciality products to choose from to fit various applications.
It imparts multiple rheological characteristics that can’t be obtained alone by any other type of Gums, only in combination with others,. Hence, TEMCOL can be also considered as a pack of properties and features that can be utilized as thickening and stabilizing agents in the food industry.Some of the major properties promoted by the TEMCOL range are:
- Gives a rich mouth feel with a thick creamy texture.
- Provides a stable viscosity in Acidic, high salt or heat shock
- Binds Sugar and provides an elastic Gel texture
- promotes and stabilises emulation and acts as a fat replacement as well
There is no single Gum that can be stable in Acidic conditions or high salt or Sugar conditions, and also act as an emulsifier and stabiliser, impart a creamy viscous texture to an aqueous solution, provide higher stability and prevent thermal shocks, and act as a sugar binder irrespective of pH as well (unlike pectin that needs acidic conditions.) TEMCOL has all of these properties and that is the reason why it is so highly desirable in various applications like Ice cream, Sherbet & Frozen desserts, Butter for frozen foods, Preserved foods boiled down with soy, Pickle, Jam, Jelly, Cup jelly, Sweet jelly, Jam, Frozen jelly, Jelly containing alcohol, Sauce for pork cutlet, hamburger, etc., Medium thick sauce, Worcester sauce, Various kinds of seasoning soy, Drinks & powdered drinks), etc.Some of the main grades in the TEMCOL range are:
- TEMCOL 10 (for Ice-Cream, Salad Dressing, Dairy product thickening etc)
- TEMCOL 20 (Semi-Refined refined and high viscosity and beneficial in most applications)
- TEMCOL 30 (Refined and very high viscosity, high performing)
- TEMCOL 40 (Clarified, high viscosity, high performing)